Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Big Updates- Glen Arbor

How’s everyone’s week going? I sat down to write my post today, a Trending Tuesday post, and was starting to edit it when I realized today is Wednesday! Guess I missed the boat on that one! Ha!! On the bright side, I’m all set for next week now.

Sooooo instead of Trending Tuesday, I present to you Winging it Wednesday… fingers crossed this doesn't become a weekly occurrence over here! Since I am winging it on this post today I'll keep it short and sweet. I checked in at the Glen Arbor project at the beginning of the week and was blown away by what had all changed in just a few days. The driveway and sidewalk pads have been poured, the last of the countertops were being installed, and quite a few of the light fixtures have been hung. Every time it feels more and more like a home, and I just love being a part of this transformation. I cannot wait for the family to get to enjoy this space.

The very first thing that caught my attention were the pendant lights over the island- dying!!! They're still covered in plastic, but the brass band around the clear globes perfectly compliments the modern chandelier in the dining room. And how about that reclaimed wood beam?!? I love how a rustic accent instantly adds character and soul to a new home. You may have also noticed that the herringbone subway backsplash is starting to be installed, too.
Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Updates

Reclaimed wood shelves will be flanking the window that is over the kitchen sink, and the shiplap range hood will also have a wood strip on the bottom to help break up the white along the back kitchen wall. 
Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Updates

Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Updates

Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Updates

These next few pictures were taken while the kitchen countertops were still being installed and before the backsplash tile started to go up, but you can at least see how the soapstone and marble play off each other. The veining in the marble on the island is gorgeous. Unfortunately they have to cover these beauties back up until the project is finished so no more seeing them until the end. 
Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Updates

Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Updates

Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Updates

The large bent-arm sconces look fabulous over the fireplace built-ins. Anxiously awaiting for the reclaimed wood mantle and floating shelves to be installed, which will help make the light gray plaster on the fireplace standout more. It's hard to see in these dark iPhone pictures, but the herringbone pattern from the backsplash is also repeated in the firebox. While it's a subtle design choice, all those small things add up to a home that flows seamlessly throughout. 
Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Updates

As promised, I'm keeping it brief today. I'm planning to share the design plan for the joint powder and guest bath along with the progress pictures for those two spaces next week. Although, if Houston's weather gets crazy with Tropical Storm Cindy and I'm not able to get around to all of my appointments tomorrow, you just may luck out and get two posts this week!!! Now that would be crazy.... 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment