Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday Favorites- Modern Bathroom Designs

It’s been awhile since I’ve done a Friday Favorites post. And by awhile I mean 5 months… I guess it’s time to round up another batch of my favorites, this time being my favorite modern bathroom designs.


Sometimes when people think of modern design, they think cold, hard or empty. That really isn’t the case. Modern designs can be warm and inviting when done in the right way. While they typically use cleaner, straighter lines they can easily be softened through the use of texture and pattern. Bathrooms are probably the space that I tend to lean a little more modern on because they feel clean and serene, and quite frankly, they just look cool. Below is my roundup of a few of my favorite modern bathroom designs.

First up is simple in design, but offers a big style impact. The floating vanity, the tile on both on the wall and the floor, wall-mounted faucets and a huge round mirror. Plus they mixed the metal finishes, which I'll be talking more about next week, for added visual interest. 
favorite modern bathroom design

How amazing is this floor tile?!? If you're going to have white walls and a simple black framed mirror, going bold on the floor is a huge bang for the buck. My general rule of thumb when doing a patterned tile is keeping the color scheme neutral so you're less likely to tire of the tile choice down the road. Black and white tile is always a winning choice. Also, I have to mention that waterfall countertop- gorgeous!
favorite modern bathroom design

Along the same lines, but with higher contrast is this bathroom. The floor still has a pattern but it's much more subtle, which makes the dark stacked tiles for the back wall and shower a great choice. I love the way the brass fixtures pop against the dark backdrop, too. 
favorite modern bathroom design

In one of my own designs, I took the dark walls a step further by also painting the vanity the same color but in a high gloss finish. The white countertop and subway tile shower provides a high contrast to the dark walls and vanity and the patterned tile floor creates visual interest. Brass fixtures add warmth to the space. 
modern bathroom designs

While this space is fairly simple, there are so many neat features that make it visually interesting. The midcentury style of the vanity (love those angled legs), the subtle tonal change in the floor pattern, the tile wall behind the long skinny mirrors, and that super cool light fixture hanging between them. It's sort of retro-mod at its best. 
favorite modern bathroom design

The previous bathrooms all had warmer wood featured, which really looks great against whites and grays. For an overall lighter vibe, the bathroom below is giving me all the heart eyes!! I absolutely love the bleached wood and the classic round vessel sink with a wall mounted faucet. It feels like you've just walked into a peaceful space. And the band of tiles below the mirror (which is also repeated on the floor) is something that I haven't seen time and time again, which is honestly a rarity now because of social media. It really is just a lovely space that I can guarantee does not suck to brush your teeth in! ;)  
favorite modern bathroom design

Black and white color schemes can go classic or modern based on the material selection and application, which is clearly demonstrated in the two images below. Both have dark framed showers and mirrors, but the first is a little more playful with the large hex tile on the wall and a sleek gray tile on the floor. The unique round mirror finishes out the space perfectly. The second bathroom has a more classic vibe with the white marble shower walls and countertop but brings the modern vibe with the white lacquered vanity and metal framed mirror with a single industrial-style light above it. 

favorite modern bathroom design

favorite modern bathroom design

And last, but not least, I had to share this space because it is one of the most unique tubs I have seen. The gorgeous use of concrete tiles mixed with marble is absolutely stunning. The black window and copper/rose gold plumbing are the perfect accent in this class meets modern bathroom. 
favorite modern bathroom design

All of you transitional and/or classic bathroom lovers out there, don't worry, I have you covered in the next installment! I'm signing out for the weekend, but I'll see you back here next week with more construction updates and hopefully sharing the start of a new project! Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment