Monday, August 7, 2017

Kitchen Progress- Lago Bend Lane


Hey ya'll!!! I have a very quick post today to share a few pictures from the midway point in the kitchen renovation on my Lago Bend Lane project. Last time I shared the demo and design plan, but now we're getting to the part I love- install!! 

Say goodbye to these old oak floors and hello to beautiful, wide-planked engineered hardwood flooring. 



Speaking of saying goodbye- gone is that prefab fireplace surround, which is being replaced with a custom built wood fireplace. 


These super talented carpenters have also built a custom banquet seating for the breakfast nook, which will be stained the same color as the kitchen cabinets. We'll be adding cushions and a new round breakfast table for casual family meals. 


The kitchen is starting to take shape. The appliance center on the left is mounted directly onto the countertop to allow small appliances to easily be pulled in and out for daily use. The small upper cabinets will have glass fronts and puck lighting for display of prettier serving pieces that are used less frequently. 

It just amazes me how taking the cabinets a few inches higher to the ceiling has made the kitchen appear so much more spacious. And no one misses that tiny little island that was blocking the two sides of the kitchen. 
Love seeing this opening between the kitchen and living room feeling so much larger now that it is all one level. 

The countertop installers cut the openings for the cooktop and sink before sliding in the gorgeous white quartz counters. 

I wish I could share more today, but I've run out of time. I have a busy week with several client presentations and a new client meeting- lots of fun projects to share soon. Next time I will have pictures of the freshly installed countertops, backsplash and appliances- can't wait for you to see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment