Monday, July 31, 2017

Demo + Design Plan- Lago Bend Lane

How is it Monday again?! Some weekends just fly by in the blink of an eye. If you follow Wild Rose Interiors on Instagram then you saw that I went to the ASID Designer Show House this weekend. I love taking advantage of opportunities like this to walk through spaces completed by other designers. There was lots to see in this 10,000 square foot home, but I particularly liked the tile application in the mud room and the matte black walls and white coffered ceiling in one of the office spaces (there were two offices + a holiday/gift wrapping room + a small desk space off the kitchen). 



Before I get into today's project update, I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who participated in my 1 year anniversary giveaway on Facebook and Instagram. I truly love what I do, and feel so fortunate that I’ve been given an opportunity to turn my passion into a career. I honestly cannot believe I’ve been working at building this company for over a year now, and love sharing a little glimpse into my world on this blog. I’m excited to see what the next year has instore for Wild Rose Interiors! 

Last time, which seems like forever ago, I posted a new kitchen remodel I’ve been assisting with. Today, I have a few pictures of the demo process to share, as well as the design plan. As you can see, everything was removed so we were truly starting from scratch. 

It was great to see the kitchen without that poorly planned kitchen island.  





The homeowners also decided to replace the vanity in the powder room. The mirror and fixtures are also being updated for a more current look. 

While their existing fridge and dishwasher were still in great shape, they wanted a new 36" gas range and a powerful vent hood to keep up with their heavy cooking. They also opted for double wall ovens, which is always a great addition when you have the space. The renderings below show the overall plan for the new kitchen space. On the far left you will see the appliance center which replaced the underused desk space form the original kitchen. The cabinets have now been taken to the ceiling to maximize the space and add to the visual height of the room. 

Since we added double ovens, we relocated the microwave to the other side of the kitchen. You can also see how the opening into the living room will look with the counter being all one height. 

My clients like clean, simple lines but were also very aware that their home is slightly more traditional. Our goal was to choose things in their style but making sure we weren't going too contemporary for the home. It was a fun challenge to try to blend these together for a truly transitional style. We knew from the beginning that we were removing the skinny, polished oak floors throughout almost all of the first floor and replacing them with a wider plank, lighter flooring option. I ended up finding a beautiful engineered hardwood option in a 5.75” plank. It has a lighter base color but with lots of darker variation throughout, which complimented the darker stain the homeowners wanted for the kitchen cabinets. 


Because the family does a lot of cooking, they really wanted a low maintenance countertop- enter quartz counters. While we didn’t want to go too modern with the quartz selection, we knew we needed a lighter option to help balance out the darker cabinets. The one we selected is dominantly white but has some soft gray and tan movement throughout. The glass backsplash brings a touch of modern but in soft, traditional earth tones. You may have noticed in the renderings that we aren't running the backsplash behind the cooktop. Instead, we opted for a solid surface in the same sheen as the tile (unfortunately I don't have a picture of this). This allows for easy cleanup after cooking and most importantly, no grout lines to try to scrub.  

Next week I'll be sharing a few of the progress pictures before getting caught up with the current state of this kitchen, which is 99% completed and looking beautiful I might add. I'm hoping to post a few updated pictures of the Glen Arbor project later this week which is almost ready for the homeowners to move into. I'm also planning to do a Facebook Live tour so everyone can get a better feel for the space. Well, there is no more denying that the work week has begun, so I suppose I should get to it. Hope everyone has a great Monday!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment