Sunday, October 1, 2017

Secondary Bathrooms- Woodard

Welcome back from the weekend and welcome to October! This is the time of year that I miss living in Iowa most- the change of seasons, harvest, and crisp mornings, warm days and cool evenings. We did have a small glimpse of fall this weekend, which was enough for me to give myself permission to go buy mums + pumpkins for my front porch… even if it’s supposed to be back in the 90s this week. I just received a few fall-scented oils that I ordered so I’ve been diffusing those and managed to switch out my summer chalkboard art for a fall one. So regardless if it’s still summer in Houston, it’s fall ya'll at the Pudenz house!!!

Work has been rolling right along and I have some REALLY exciting news about my business that I can hardly wait to share! Hopefully will be able to post about it here later this week if everything goes as planned.

Last time I shared the kitchen + first floor bathroom for a spec home that I’m working on. My goal for this home is to keep it light and bright with a cohesive flow throughout, which is dominantly gray + white with a few darker accents. There are two secondary bathrooms upstairs- one connected to the game room and a Jack & Jill bathroom between two bedrooms. I decided to keep these spaces basically the same except for the mirrors and lighting.

Both bathrooms feature a gray hexagon floor with a pale gray high gloss subway tile on the shower walls, which offers contrast from the very pale greige walls + white cabinets. The under-mount sinks are set in white granite countertops with a light gray veining throughout the slab. I selected brushed nickel faucets throughout all the bathrooms in this home. 

The Jack and Jill bathroom is sort of long and narrow so I liked the idea of breaking that up by using two round metal mirrors with a contemporary 2-light fixture above each.

I used a dark metal mirror in the game room bathroom as well, but chose to use a rectangle with an interesting frame detail with a brushed nickel 3-light fixture above.

I think both spaces feel classic, but with a modern, industrial twist. 



I’ve saved the best for last and will be sharing the master bathroom plan next week. I went a little more high-end with the tile selections and it’s going to be a beautiful space once it's completed. Painting will wrap this week and the countertops are currently being fabricated and should be installed soon. After that will be tile and flooring. Always a fun push these last few weeks in any home! Will hopefully have more progress pics for next time as well. Have a great week and fingers crossed I’m able to check back in this week to share my news!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment