Thursday, November 30, 2017

Powder Room + Laundry Room- Briarmead

Whew!!! What a week!! If you follow Wild Rose Interiors, Inc. on social media, then you’ve already heard the exciting news that we’re opening a store + studio space. For those of you who are local to Houston, the store will be in the Rice Village area at 2358 Bissonnet, between Kirby + Shepherd. Signs will be up in about two weeks and furniture will start to arrive in early January, which is when we'll officially open. I’m really excited about the two furniture lines that we’ll be stocking, which will give our clients access to thousands of fabrics and leathers for totally customizable furniture. I will also have a couple of great accessory lines, and feel very fortunate that I’m working with several Texan artisans. One of the craftsmen is out of Austin and makes gorgeous live-edge dining tables as well as several other styles of accent pieces. 
From a clients' home that I'll be sharing more of soon!


I’ll be stocking a few original pieces of art from a fine artist out of Dallas, who will also be ready to take on commission pieces. And last, but not least, we'll be offering custom cabinetry from a local Houston carpenter who is hands-down fantastic (we can offer 3-D renderings for larger projects). I have several of his pieces in my own home, and have watched him site-build all the cabinetry for full remodels and new construction for clients (you've seen his work at the spec house on Woodard). I will have a free-standing cabinet and a small kitchenette in my shop by him for locals to see his work in person. Everything is starting to come together with the shop, and has been very time consuming. I'm working on compiling a post to share all the work that goes on behind the scenes before a store opens, so be on the lookout for that. 

While I’m really excited about the progress at the store, I’m equally excited to see several of my design projects moving right along. Last time I shared the kitchen plan for the remodel on Briarmead, and today I have the powder room + laundry room design.

My client had an inspiration photo for the cabinet style for the powder room, which is being designed to look a bit like a built-in dresser. It will have drawers rather than cabinets, faux legs, and will be painted a dark gray. She also liked the idea of using a wallpaper in here (no argument from me as this has become a bit of a signature element for Wild Rose Interiors). I found a fantastic geometric paper in white + silver, and decided to offset that with a contemporary brass mirror + wall sconces. I love that the mirror is a rounded rectangle for a little interest but not so ornate that it competed with the wallpaper. 

We kept with a quartz countertop + brushed nickel faucet, which matches the rest of the countertops + plumbing fixtures used throughout the home. I think this small space is going to pack a punch of contemporary glam style.

Laundry rooms are having a big moment in design right now, which I’m completely onboard with. Often times these spaces are overlooked and uninspiring, which makes the mundane task of doing laundry even worse. If your laundry room is feeling drab, try painting the walls or the cabinetry a bold color, or if you’re ready to do a little more work, think about adding tile on the wall behind the washer and dryer or adding a unique tile to the floor. I was really excited that my client was interested in doing a patterned tile on the floor and running subway tile on the exposed wall behind their sink and countertop area. They were able to save a little money by reusing the black granite countertops + hardware from their original kitchen, which you would never know that was not an intentional design choice.

Here’s a few progress shots taken today. The floor has been laid and is waiting for grout, and the subway tile has been started.


And one more progress shot from the job site-the TV wall in the living room that's open to the kitchen. To add some interest we've added a little shiplap detail and my favorite shade of navy behind where floating shelves will eventually be located. This will compliment the new furniture + rug we have coming for this space as well. Hope to share more of those details soon! 
Next time will be all about the master bathroom and the Jack & Jill bathroom. Lots of beautiful tile happening in both spaces!!! You won’t want to miss it! Until then, have a great Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment