Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Trending Tuesday- Laundry Room Design


Whew---I’m finally out of my Thanksgiving food coma and I’m back with another installment of Trending Tuesday, and it’s about something so dirty……. I’m talking laundry rooms!!! There is a lot more attention and effort going into designing laundry rooms and I personally love it! I mean, if I have to spend any amount of time in a space it might as well be beautiful and cohesive with the rest of my home.

So what trends are out there right now? Color is definitely at the top of the list. Whether it be the cabinets, walls, or the appliances themselves people are choosing to make their laundry rooms bright and cheerful. They are the perfect place to try out a favorite color that you might not want to see on a daily basis in your main living space, and like powder baths, laundry rooms provide an opportunity to go bolder in your design choices.
laundry room -Wild Rose Interiors

laundry room -Wild Rose Interiors
Dying over this wallpaper...and the blue washer + dryer

laundry room -Wild Rose Interiors
Penny Tile!!!

Second, upgraded lighting. Gone are the standard, boring fixtures that used to be used for laundry rooms and hallways. Now it’s all about chic lighting that flows well with the rest of the home. This doesn’t necessarily mean expensive, but it also doesn’t mean you have to only use a simple flush mount fixture. A small chandelier, hanging pendants or industrial style lighting would all make great choices for laundry rooms.

laundry room -Wild Rose Interiors

laundry room -Wild Rose Interiors

laundry room -Wild Rose Interiors
Subway tile on the floor + barely blue backsplash

laundry room -Wild Rose Interiors
Love the metallic tile accent + sputnik style light fixture

Last, patterned tile! I am fully aware that I have a major obsession with patterned tile, but I truly cannot get enough of it. As I mentioned here, while patterned tile seems trendy, it’s actually been around for centuries. These tiles would be great on the floor, but they’re also really cool as a small backsplash accent.

laundry room -Wild Rose Interiors

laundry room -Wild Rose Interiors
Black cabinets + industrial lighting + patterned tile = major win

laundry room -Wild Rose Interiors


A few of my favorite laundry room accents

laundry room -Wild Rose Interiors
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8




SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment