Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Favorites- Fireplaces

We are nearing the end of the first week of January and I already almost failed at my New Year Resolution…. posting a minimum of one blog each week! Ahhh! I really need to come up with a designated time to sit down to write my blog(s) for the week because I really do love sharing information here. If only it were as easy to do as it is in theory.....

During the month of January I’ll be mostly focused on ways to organize your home that are also esthetically pleasing. From your bathroom counters (hello, product hoarder), to coffee tables and the dreaded closet! But before we go all New Year Resolution on this thing, I figured I’d start with a Friday Favorites that I've been giving a lot of thought to lately as I'm helping a new client design this for her home that's currently being built- fireplaces! I’ve lived in homes with electric fireplaces, gas fireplaces, and no fireplaces, and let me tell you I love a good fireplace and desperately miss one in my house now! I may live in Texas, but as I'm writing this a cold front moved in and just like that it's 30 degrees out, and taking the chill off the air with a fire sounds pretty dang good right about now. 
*Why I love fireplaces ? They instantly create a focal point in a room and make any space feel cozier. I’ve broken everything down into some of my favorite fireplace trends starting with the classic brick fireplace.

Brick fireplaces have been around forever and are becoming more popular today because of a little secret weapon known as white paint! Everyone, myself included, loves painted brick right now and I honestly don’t see this trend dying out any time soon. For a more rustic, natural look try whitewashed brick instead of solid white.  

Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
Floor to ceiling brick + exposed beams. Heart eyes!!!

Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
Historic brick next to a large glass + marble shower for the win

Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
Painted brick + a natural wood mantle

Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
Lightly whitewashed for a softer look
*Why I love brick fireplaces? Whether they’re painted or left natural they are a timeless and classic look for any fireplace. 


Over the past few years I’m seeing more and more smooth fireplaces, which are typically covered in plaster, stucco or concrete. While they definitely have more of a contemporary feel, when mixed with reclaimed wood they can work beautifully in a cottage or farmhouse style home as well. 
Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
Sleek, double sided fireplace is perfect in a bathroom

Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
Gorgeous detail + herringbone brick inside the firebox

Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
Concrete + natural woods for a rustic yet modern vibe

*Why I love smooth fireplaces? They’re neutral and you don’t have to worry about the stonework going out of style. Clean, fresh + simple. 


Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past four years then this next one won’t surprise you- shiplap!! While it is definitely trendy to use shiplap right now, it has in fact been around for centuries, and in more recent times is finding its way into homes that aren't at the beach or a cabin in the woods. I appreciate shiplap for the fact that it adds instant texture without having to break the bank on floor to ceiling stone. I also love how the wood marries perfectly with just about every other material you could think to add to a fireplace surround- brick, stone, tile, marble, etc.
Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
Shiplap + traditional mantle
What I really love is the navy accent on either side

Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
White shiplap + those gorgeous wide-planked floors

Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
Subtle stone accent brings in grays + tans into the space

Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
More traditional feel but hooked on those little cutie arm lights

Fireplaces-Wild Rose Interiors
Okay, technically the shiplap is on the ceiling but
this moody gray wood paneling is too sexy not to share
*Why I love shiplap on fireplaces? It adds instant character and history to a home.


So, which fireplace style is your favorite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment