Monday, January 9, 2017

How to Style a Coffee Table

Week 2 of January and I’m posting a second blog--- who says resolutions are hard?!? ;) I’m jumping on the organization bandwagon, but I’m putting a little twist on it by sharing organization tips that also coordinate with styling your home. These two things (organization + styling) really go hand in hand. Once you organize the clutter, you’re able to then style your home, and many of the organization solutions can also be a part of the styling. When it comes to getting a grip on your clutter, it’s best to start off small and work your way up to that overflowing closet! With that being said, we’re starting off small with coffee tables, which involves more styling than organizing.


I don’t know about you but I find coffee tables are generally a manageable area to keep neat as long as there is a home for magazines and remote controls. This is where trays and baskets become your best friends. It is amazing how different magazines looked when they are stacked in a tray or inside a basket versus just stacked on top of the coffee table. The same goes for remote controls. When it comes to styling a coffee table I like to keep things fairly simple so there is still plenty of functional space left for drinks or workspace. Below I’ve gone through the basic setup I follow for *most* coffee tables I style. 

1. Start by clearing off your table completely
2. Stack a few of your favorite coffee table books to one side (I've listed some of my favorites below)
3. Add a basket or tray to corral smaller items such as remotes, coasters, candles, a book you're reading, etc.
4. Add a decorative object to the stack of book and a vase or a small potted plant/succulent to the basket.


Under the coffee table I liked to slide a single basket for magazines. I try to go through this bin at least once a month, or once the basket is fully so that it never becomes overflowing. 


If you're looking to add coffee table books to your collection, I've rounded up some of my favorite ones below. I try to find a range of books on various topics that I enjoy. If you simply want beautiful photos, then you can't go wrong with travel (find places you've visited or want to visit), interior design, fashion and art. I typically remove the dust jackets from the books because I prefer the look of the cloth hardcover rather than the paper printed loose cover. Another tip, if you're wanting books to use as display for on shelves check out places like Half Price Books for more affordable options and try turning mismatched books backwards so all you see are the pages rather than the spines of the books. 

1 2  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

No comments:

Post a Comment